FAQs: What do I need to know before scheduling and going to my appointment?
1) Should I eat something before my appointment? Yes, a light meal will keep you from passing out, but you don’t want to be too full. Avoid rich foods and high caloric meals.
2) Can I have a few drinks before my spa service? Definitely don’t get your booze on before the spa, one drink is ok, but not more than that. For one thing, you’ll get too dehydrated, and you probably won’t fully appreciate the experience since alcohol drains energy. Stick with water, but not so much that you keep running to the bathroom.
3) Do I need to buy the products my technician recommends? No, but the technician has analyzed your skin and is a professional, knows what products are best for you or not. Spas use professional products that are tailored to the specific needs of the individual clients. You are going to use products anyway, so why not use the best products recommended by someone that is in the know about it? Experimenting on your own at times can by pricier and dangerous.
4) How much should I tip? Tipping is at your discretion, it is not mandatory but it is always appreciated especially if you have received exceptional service. An appropriate tip is 20 percent of the full service price, even if you bought the treatment at a discount.
5) Do I need to shower before my service? Yes. No offense, but yes, as a common courtesy. Just a quick rinse so you don’t smell. Pay special attention to your feet. Just don’t overly cleanse, the therapist wants to see your real skin so will know what to work with.
6) Can I use the bathroom during treatment? Yes, but it’s inconvenient for both you and the therapist to stop. Imagine if you are doing a body wrap and have to get out of the cocoon and than get back into a new one. Make sure you take care of business beforehand.
7) Should I take everything off? Yes, as long as you’re comfortable doing that. Some people do leave undergarments on, but it could get greasy from the oils, and it all depends on the service you are getting. If you prefer to focus more on the back muscles, or if you are doing a back scrub or back mud mask not only undergarments get in the way but don't allow the therapist to fully work the area depriving you of the full benefits of the treatment. You’ll also need to take off any and all jewelry, tie you hair so the therapist doesn't have to struggle trying to not get oil on it or pulling it.
8) Do I keep my eyes open? Please don’t. You could get products in your eyes. Plus, keeping them closed relaxes the muscles in your head.
9) Is there anything I should tell my therapist before the service starts? For your safety, let your technicians know about any injuries or medical issues, especially circulatory problems like a blood clot and if pregnant. Also notify them if you have any type of implants, suffer from seizures, allergies to products/ingredients.
10) Should I shave before coming to my appointment? This depends on the type of spa treatment you’ll be receiving. If you are receiving a massage there is no harm in having smooth legs for your spa day. However, if you are receiving a body scrub, it is best not to shave right before your appointment as your skin could become irritated. For guys getting a facial, shave the night before, so your skin is less sensitive.A: If you are a first time customer, please arrive a little before your scheduled service to fill out necessary paperwork for waxing, massage or facial services, if you are a repeat client you will update the form prior to receiving your service. Persons age 17 and under who receive closed door spa treatments must have a parent or an adult in the room for the duration of the service or a signed consent of approval.
FAQs: When shouldn't I receive a massage?
A: Remember that massage is contraindicated if you are running a fever, currently fighting or recovering from an infection, virus, illness, or in your first trimester of pregnancy. Be sure to mention if you are suffering from any injuries, skin conditions, allergies or untreated high blood pressure before scheduling. If you are currently under medical care, please consult with your doctor before receiving therapeutic services. Severe conditions may require a written release.
FAQs: What should I know before a body treatment or a scrub?
A: If you are receiving a body wrap or body scrub, do not shave or wax at least 8 hours prior to treatment. For body treatments you will be asked to undress to your comfort level . Your therapist will keep your body draped with sheets during the treatment and only expose the areas being worked on. With treatments such as body wraps, you will be draped with hand towels. If you wish swimsuits may be worn, or undergarments may be kept on, for your convenience disposable ones will be provided.
SPA ETIQUETTE RESERVATIONS: To ensure that you obtain your desired appointments and availability, we recommend scheduling as far in advance as possible. To guarantee a reservation all services require a credit card, gift certificate, voucher number, please have this information ready when booking. This is part of our cancelation policies and only necessary charges are made on the date of your scheduled service.
IMPORTANT: Please notify us of any allergies or sensitivities to aromas or ingredients when scheduling your appointment.
NOTE:Although we offer planned spa packages, you are welcome to combine any of our services for a custom package that meets your needs, just let us know in advance to be able to prepare for changes.
CANCELATION POLICIES: We value your business and appreciate your cooperation with our cancelation policy. If you are unable to attend, need to cancel or reschedule, please give us a call, send us an e-mail. We require 24 hours advance notice in order to cancel with no charge. Cancelations with less than 24 hours notice are subject to a fee of half the cost of the scheduled service. Cancelation within the same day and clients who miss appointments without giving prior notification will be charged in full. All notifications MUST be sent to 210 535-4213 or email@example.com We recognize that the time of our clients and staff is valuable, being this reason to implement such policy. When you miss an appointment, we not only lose your business, but also the potential business of others who could have scheduled an appointment for the same time. Additionally, many times our staff will be working on an "on call" status and traveled to the venue specifically for your service. For these reasons we are obligated to compensate our staff for their time. When you schedule your appointment with us, you are agreeing to these policies. You will not be billed unless there is a cancelation or no show. Upon checkout, guests may still choose their method of payment. If you are running late, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you. Arriving late will likely limit the time allocated for your service, lessen the effectiveness and most importantly your pleasure and enjoyment. As a courtesy to all clients, our treatments are completed as scheduled.
GIFT CERTIFICATES, COUPONS AND VOUCHERS POLICY: Gift Certificates are available in any amount and may be purchased at the studio or on line. We are unable to process any returns or reimburse any payment on gift certificates even if lost, misplaced or stolen. These cannot be redeemed as cash and must be mentioned when making your appointment as well as coupons and vouchers.
REFUND POLICIES: We do not make refunds on products or services. Once the product is open we will not be able to send it back. If unhappy with the service please let us know and we will try to resolve the issue. Thank you for your consideration and understanding. Refer to our FAQs page for important information. If you have any questions please call (210) 535-4213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.